Previous Headlines

Friday 16 March 2007

The Big Question!



With the blog race now behind us, the taste of champagne still on our lips, I can't help but ponder the greatest sustainability issues facing England this year. If fact one is unfolding in front of our eyes right now:

Can England sustain the form that made the Aussie's cry just a few weeks ago? A shaky start, but optimism is high as Anderson rips through the Kiwi top order.... The England cricket fan, a helpless victim of Variable ratio reward, is kept on the edge every game. Think of the glory, beer will flow, ugly blokes will get lucky, plasma screens saved from pelting beer cans.

Come on boys, make us proud!

Still to come, can England sustain the ultimate glory, the World Cup of Rugby Crown.

3 comments:

Mr Muda said...

Based on the lamentable display against NZ yesterday, NO!

I'm putting all my money on plucky Ireland who can only improve further after a historic draw with Zimbabwe....

Mr Muda said...

I really wish I'd put a big fat bet on this now - what a fantastic result against Pakistan - and only two aussies to help......

Trudi said...

I'll leave my judgement on this one until the fat lady sings... it's never easy being an England cricket fan!